NONIE DARWISH: HUMA ABEDIN’S MOTHER AND AN EXTREME ISLAMIST AGENDA
Huma Abedin, Secretary Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff, could be the nicest woman with the greatest character, but that is not the issue nor should it be a reason to prevent ny inquiry into her family background and connection to the Muslim Brotherhood. Instead of attacking Representative Bachmann for raising important questions regarding Muslim Brotherhood penetration of the US government, the response from the media and Senator McCain should have been a statement to the effect that Abedin has already been vetted and has a sound security clearance. But instead, the response was: “How dare you, Michele Bachmann!”
Now let us examine Huma’s mother’s history and activities. Dr. Saleha Mahmood Abedin has been identified in Saudi Arabia as one of the founding members of the Muslim Sisterhood, a Muslim Brotherhood women’s group. This is the same group that half of Egypt was too scared to vote for and that was criminalized for many decades in Egypt for its subversiveness and terror activities. Dr. Abedin is no ordinary Muslim woman, but an activist who supports Sharia law. She is also a long-time chairperson of the “International Islamic Committee for Woman and Child” (IICWC). Now let us examine what that group is doing in Egypt today and why many Egyptians are afraid of its activities and are strongly denouncing it.
The last elections in Egypt have proved that half of Egypt is afraid of the Muslim Brotherhood and does not want to live under Sharia, but that is not the same concern of Abedin’s organization (IICWC), which is advocating Sharia law. The IICW contributed greatly to fear of its agenda after a recent publication in Arabic on its website. The following topics were discussed, among others, suggesting the annulment of Egyptian moderate laws, which would be replaced by Sharia laws. Below are some of the positions that appeared in the IICWC publication:
- The IICWC position that the current laws criminalizing female genital mutilation be revoked.
- The IICWC’s position demanding that the laws forbidding child marriage below the age of eighteen be revoked. No new minimum marriage age was given; the group stated that the marriage standard depends on the financial and mental ability and not dependent on a specific age.
- The IICWC’s positions, as reported, demanding that the laws forbidding marital rape be revoked and that polygamy is a right for men.
- The IICWC’s position that a health check-up before marriage be revoked since it is against religion and should not be part of the marriage contract.
- The IICWC’s position that criminal responsibility triggering at age 18 be reduced to age 15.
- The IICWC’s position revokes the right of a woman to register her newborn by herself for a birth certificate because Sharia states that a child’s lineage is given strictly to the father and his paternal line. The child belongs to the father even if it was the product of adultery.
- The IICWC’s position revokes the criminalization of physical and mental abuse of parents against children, so long as the punishment does not cause a permanent deformity or the beating is too extreme.
Above are the values that Huma Abedin’s mother believes in and that her organization is trying to impose on the Egyptian public after the revolution. Huma did not keep a distance from her mother’s activities when she introduced Secretary Clinton to her activist mother. During Clinton’s visit to Saudi Arabia, the US Secretary of State visited and spoke at the Islamic college of Dar El-Hekma together with Huma, where Dr. Saleha Abedin was a vice-dean and one of its founders.
All of the above scare the reformists in Egypt and does not look good for our Secretary of State. As a consequence of such appearances, to say the least, several Egyptian reformists have recently accused Secretary Clinton of taking the side of the Muslim Brotherhood in the recent elections. Even the appalling mob protest against Clinton in Alexandria Egypt was done mainly by those who accused her of being on the side of the Muslim Brotherhood.
When it comes to politics, appearances do count and Huma and Clinton’s defenders need to understand that. Rep. Bachmann and her colleagues should be applauded for pushing the alarm button, not just regarding Abedin, but regarding many others in our government, to alert us all to a possible security threat from the Muslim Brotherhood and the “civilization jihad” they aspire for in America.
Freedom Center pamphlets now available on Kindle: Click here.
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://frontpagemag.com/2012/nonie-darwish/huma-abedin%e2%80%99s-mother%e2%80%99s-extreme-islamist-agenda/
Comments are closed.