1. While on my weekends back home, I wrote two articles for Israel Hayom.
On Iran: http://tinyurl.com/7qyx4ca
On the GOP race: http://tinyurl.com/6wetzbe
2. Andrew Ferguson alone makes the Weekly Standard worth reading. With a Bill Clinton revival in full swing, Ferguson reminds us of the parts of the story left untold in the new “documentar”y on Clinton on PBS and some new hagiographies in various magazines, such as Esquire:
The Big Creep: http://tinyurl.com/6quw4rv
3. Jay Cost on the two faces of the Democratic Party- the social justice side and the payoffs side.
4. Warren Buffet talks the fairness talk all the way to the bank. As the oracle of Omaha’s returns in recent years have gravitated towards the S & P mean, he has relied to an increasing extent on favorable policy from Washington to boost returns.
5. Opponents of military action against Iran’s nuclear program, have agued that such an effort would require a many weeks air campaign to have any real effect, and would create grave strategic risks.
That may not be the case:
6.The duplicity of Professor Jon Gruber at MIT is one reason why I do not give any money to this school I attended. Of course given the size of their endowment, they do not need my money. I wonder why any sane alum would give to any of the Ivy League schools, or other well endowed elite institutions, unless it is to win favor among the admissions committees for future legacies. Gruber is one of the architects and author of the two thousand plus pages of Obamacare, as a well paid consultant to HHS. Now he tells some states that private insurance premiums will skyrocket after the bill is fully in force in 2014, by 30% or more. . But Gruber assured us while the bill was being debated, that this was not the case. But now he has some new paying clients and the story has changed. .
End the imperialist colonialist occupation !! Liberation now!!
Now that the heads of Iran are openly calling for Israel’s
annihilation, and Iran’s “president” suggests that Europe create a
Zionist state some place inside Germany or maybe in Alaska, I think we
should all promote a REAL solution to the problems of the Middle East
and end the illegal occupation. I refer of course to the illegal
Iranian occupation of lands that properly belong to the Mongols.
Meaning all of Iran.
True, Iran was conquered or liberated from the Persians by the Mongols
militarily starting in 1219. Iran then became a legitimate part of the
Mongol homeland. Tamerlane, who was part Mongol, also ran the place.
All in all, the Mongol liberation of Persia lasted for two and a half
centuries, not much different from the length of the period of Arab
rule of “Palestine,” after which Iran was “lost” to Turkic tribes. I
guess that means the Turks also have a legitimate claim to a homeland
This morning I received an e-mail alert from CAMERA that my alma mater, Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government is hosting a two-day conference which essentially begins with the proposition that Israel has no right to exist. This isn’t surprising. After all, the Kennedy School is home to my old professor Steve Walt. No one there batted a lash when he co-published his updated version of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion with University of Chicago’s John Mearshimer.
Not only did Walt suffer no recrimination from his colleagues at Harvard when he first emerged a professional Jew basher. He suffered no recrimination when he used the controversy surrounding his book into a means of transforming himself into a celebrity Israel basher.
As I wrote in my recent column about mainstreaming Jew hatred, Walt and Mearshimer’s book has enabled anti-Semites to emerge from under the rocks where they had been hiding and proudly announce that it is reasonable to discriminate against the Jewish people and side either actively or passively with those like the Iranian regime and the Sunni jihadists from Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood who openly call for the annihilation of the Jewish state and the Jewish people.