YORAM ETTINGER: MYTHS AND FACTS ABOUT THE “ROOT CAUSES” OF TERRORISM
Root Causes of Anti-Western Islamic Terrorism (5)*
1. Contrary to the “Palestine Firsters” school of thought, Islamic terrorism is raging the Middle East and the entire globe, irrespective of the Arab-Israeli conflict, independent of the Palestinian issue and regardless of US-Israel friendship, Israel’s policies or Israel’s existence. The 1,400 year old Islamic terrorism is not driven by despair, but by local, regional and global religious, political and territorial ambitions, terrorizing Muslims, Christians, Hindus and Jews.
2. Fact: 100 persons were murdered in an October 28, 2009 bombing in Peshawar, Pakistan, the third largest Muslim-majority country in the world.
3. Fact: According to the New Delhi-based Institute for Conflict Management, 2,809 Pakistanis were murdered by Islamic terrorists in 2008, 2,120 in 2007, 933 in 2006, 511 in 2005, 619 in 2004 and 164 in 2003.
4. Fact: According to the Institute for Conflict Management, 24,879 Indians were murdered (mostly) by Islamic terrorists during 1994-2005, 1,492 in 2006, 1,413 in 2007 and 1,391 in 2008.
5. Fact: According to Franceâ€™s domestic intelligence service (DST): Jihadists from Afghanistan, Algeria, and Pakistan returned to (generally pro-Palestinian) France, trained and indoctrinated in handling arms and explosives. They constitute a grave threat for France (NYT, April 8, 2008).
6. Fact: (generally pro-Palestinian) Britain has become a focus of Islamic terrorism. Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who opposed the war in Iraq and supports Palestinian demands, was inaugurated in June 2007 and was greeted by three (Muslim terrorists-engineered) car bombs in July 2007. According to MI5 British Security Service (The Guardian, August 20, 2008), “the most pressing current threat is from Islamist extremist groups who justify the use of violence ‘in defense of Islam’… They are mostly British nationals, not illegal immigrants and, far from being Islamist fundamentalists, most are religious novicesâ€¦ Nor are they ‘mad and badâ€¦”
7. Fact: Sunni Taliban and Al-Qaeda terrorize Shiite regimes, while Iran-supported Shiites terrorize Sunni regimes in the Gulf region, as well as in Egypt and Jordan, in order to facilitate Iranian domination of the Gulf.
8. Fact: Yemen has become a center of Sunni and Shiite terrorism, logistically and operationally, agitating Yemen and the entire region.
Is it realistic to assume that rogue Muslim regimes, which have employed terrorism since the 7th century, in order to settle their domestic and inter-Muslim conflicts, would not employ terrorism in order to settle their conflicts with non-Muslims, irrespective of the Palestinian issue, Israel’s policies and Israel’s existence?!
*For further data on the root causes of anti-Western Islamic terrorism please see:
Part 4: http://yoramettinger.newsnet.co.il/Front/NewsNet/reports.asp?reportId=220981
Part 3: http://yoramettinger.newsnet.co.il/Front/NewsNet/reports.asp?reportId=183818
Part 2: http://yoramettinger.newsnet.co.il/Front/NewsNet/reports.asp?reportId=179511
Part 1: http://yoramettinger.newsnet.co.il/Front/NewsNet/reports.asp?reportId=178303
Comments are closed.